Sunday, September 2, 2012

Nostalgia

Last night was the first night of the Norco Fair....Norco Valley Fair when I was growing up.  It's a three day fair over the Labor Day weekend with carnival games, rides, a three day horse show and a parade on Monday.  I always rode in two of the shows and in the parade.  I won my first blue ribbon and trophy at the fair!!  At the fair, we ate rabbit burgers and there was a pig roast where the mounted police....sheriffs....manned the pit all night long.  YUM!!!   HorseTown USA was a great place to grow up!!
 Been thinking a lot about it because last night was Norco High School Alumnite at the fair.....where all the alumni from NHS get together.  Was thinking about them all last night and was with them in spirit. From the pictures on Facebook, looks like they had a really great time. 
As I am getting older, I'm finding the need to be young while grabbing hold of my past. I really miss all the people from my youth, and after going to my reunion, I do hope that we can continue to be in contact.  This time of my life is bringing out all sorts of feelings and emotions in me. I feel excited for the future, yet nostalgic for the past.  My life is moving forward in a positive way yet, I am sad. I'm in control but turning it over to God.  Life is a mystery.   Meanwhile, I'll put one foot in front of the other and let God lead the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment